|Mixed candied fruits||2 Pound (2 Jars Of 1 Pound Each)|
|Golden raisins||15 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Flaked coconut||7 Ounce (2 Cans Of 3 1/2 Ounce Each)|
|Walnuts||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Pound cake mix||24 Ounce (2 Packages)|
|Liquid||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Apricot brandy||2 Tablespoon|
|Apricot preserves||12 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Apricot brandy||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 275°F.
2) Liberally grease and flour a 6x3 inches round mould.
3) In a saucepan place the apricot preserves and heat until very warm.
4) Mix in apricot brandy.
5) Strain the apricot mixture, set aside.
6) Lightly grease 2 loaf pans, 9x5x3 inches, and line with wax paper; grease paper.
7) In a large bowl, place together mixed fruits, raisins, coconut and chopped nuts.
8) Stir in 1 1/2 cups dry pound cake mix and toss to coat fruits and nuts evenly with mix.
9) Using the cake mix, eggs, liquid mentioned on label, and apricot brandy, prepare pound cake mix following label directions.
10) Stir in the cake mix batter with the fruits and nuts and until evenly mixed.
11) Spoon the batter equally among the mould and loaf pans.
12) Put one oven rack in center of oven and place all three pans on same rack of oven.
13) Bake in the oven for 2 to 2 3/4 hours, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean for each pans.
14) Take the layers out of the oven and cool on wire racks for 30 minutes.
15) Using knife loosen the cake around the edges and turn out immediately onto wire rack.
16) Peel the wax paper and allow the cake to cool completely.
17) Using brush apply the brandy-apricot glaze over the layers to coat completely.
18) Slice and serve as desired.