White Christmas Fruit Cake
|Mixed candied fruits||24 Ounce, chopped (3 Cups / 3 Jars Of 8 Ounce Each)|
|Flaked coconut||7 Ounce (2 Cans Of 3 1/2 Ounce Each / 2 2/3 Cups)|
|Golden raisins||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Almonds||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), coarsely chopped and blanched|
|Orange rind||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Cake flour||3 3⁄4 Cup (60 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (1 1/2 Sticks)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Apple juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Fruit topping||2 Ounce (Or As Required)|
1) Preheat the oven to 275°F.
2) Lightly grease the bottom of 8-inch tube pan and line with parchment paper and grease paper.
3) In a bowl, mix together candied fruits, coconut, raisins, almonds and orange rind.
4) Over the fruits mixture, sift together cake flour, baking powder, and salt.
5) Stir and mix well to coat fruits and almonds evenly.
6) In another bowl, beat the butter or margarine with sugar until fluffy.
7) While still beating add in eggs, one at a time, until creamy-thick; stir in apple and orange juices.
8) Thoroughly fold in the egg mixture with fruit mixture.
9) Transfer the batter into tube pan, pushing down firmly with a spoon to make top even.
10) Bake in the slow oven for 3 hours, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
11) Allow to cool the cake completely.
12) Using knife loosen the cake around the edges and turn out immediately onto wire racks.
13) Peel off the paper from the cake.
14) Place the cake in refrigerator until chilled.
15) Serve chilled garnished with fruit topping.