Almond Sparkle Cake
|Yellow cake mix||8 Ounce (1 Package, Loaf Size)|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted (From A 5 Ounce Can)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Syrup)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Tablespoon (For Topping)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Lightly grease a 9X1 ½-inch round layer-cake pan.
3) In a bowl, make the cake batter using cake mix, following the instructions mentioned on the label.
4) Add in the silvered almonds and stir to mix.
5) Transfer the cake batter to the cake pan.
6) Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7) Allow to cool the cake in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
8) In a saucepan, heat 1/2 cup of sugar and water until boil, and simmer for 5 minutes.
9) Add in the lemon juice and almond extract.
10) Take the pan away from heat.
11) Invert the cake out onto a serving plate.
12) Gently stream the hot syrup over slowly, allow it to soak into cake.
13) Dredge the top with the 1 tablespoon of sugar.
14) Slice the cake into 6 wedges and serve warm.
Calories 285 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.2%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 236.8 mg9.9%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17.1%
Dietary Fiber 2 g7.9%
Sugars 35.4 g
Protein 4 g7.3%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 1.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet