Butter Sponge Cake
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), scalded|
|Cake flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Corn syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. Pre-heat oven at 350°.
2. In a bowl, take egg yolks and beat it well.
3. Add sugar and again beat it well so that the mixture turns light-colored and fluffy.
4. Add milk and vanilla. Mix it well.
5. In another bowl, add sieved flour. Mix it with baking powder.
6. Add to the above batter.
7. Add butter. Mix it well.
8. Grease two 8X8" pans. Pour the batter into it and bake it in moderate oven at 350° for 30 to 40 minutes.
9. To make the frosting, mix all ingredients in top of double boiler. Set over hot water and stir constantly until mixture becomes very hot.
10. Pour into mixing bowl and beat by hand or with electric mixer until it stands in peaks.
11. When the cake is done, remove and cool it completely on a wire rack. Invert and cool.
12. Frost the cake with the Fluffy Frosting.
9. Serve Butter Sponge Cake with Fluffy Frosting with tea or coffee after cuting into squares or slices.
Calories 432 Calories from Fat 110
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 191.7 mg63.9%
Sodium 99 mg4.1%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g25%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.6%
Sugars 51.5 g
Protein 8 g15.6%
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C
Calcium 12.3% Iron 2.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet