Double Berry Cream Cake
|Raspberries||1 Pint, washed and drained (2 Cups)|
|Blueberries||1 Pint, washed and drained (2 Cups)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sponge layers||2 (1 Package)|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Pint|
1) Stem the raspberries and blueberries.
2) In a bowl, crush 1/2 cup of the raspberries.
3) Mix sugar with raspberries.
4) Allow to stand for 15 minutes and add in remaining berries.
5) Put a sponge layer on the serving plate.
6) Spread the sponge with about 1/3 of the ice cream and half of the berry mixture.
7) Place the remaining cake layer over the ice cream.
8) Spread the remaining ice cream and berries over the top sponge layer.
9) Place in the refrigerator until well chilled.
10) Slice the cake into wedges and serve.
Calories 430 Calories from Fat 98
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.8%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 86.3 mg28.8%
Sodium 187.8 mg7.8%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.7%
Sugars 55.2 g
Protein 7 g14.1%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 48.7%
Calcium 16.2% Iron 12.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet