Coconut Topped Oatmeal Cake
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs), flaked|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Quick cooking oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 Small, beaten|
|Flour||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
To make the coconut topping :
1. In 4-cup glass measure, combine all the ingredients.
2. Microwave at high for 2-3 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
To make the cake :
3. In 4-cup glass measure, boil water at high for 2 1/2-3 minutes.
4. Add oats and let it rest for 15 minutes.
5. Cream butter and sugars until fluffy and stir in oat mixture.
6. Blend in remaining ingredients.
7. Pour batter into 12x8-inch glass dish and microwave at high for 10-12 minutes, rotating 1/4 turn halfway through cooking.
8. Spread the topping on the cake and serve.
Calories 1266 Calories from Fat 491
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g85.6%
Saturated Fat 30.6 g152.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 173 mg57.7%
Sodium 691.9 mg28.8%
Total Carbohydrates 186 g62.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.5%
Sugars 128.3 g
Protein 17 g33.4%
Vitamin A 23.4% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 20.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet