Coconut Topped Oatmeal Cake
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs), flaked|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Quick cooking oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 Small, beaten|
|Flour||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
To make the coconut topping :
1. In 4-cup glass measure, combine all the ingredients.
2. Microwave at high for 2-3 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
To make the cake :
3. In 4-cup glass measure, boil water at high for 2 1/2-3 minutes.
4. Add oats and let it rest for 15 minutes.
5. Cream butter and sugars until fluffy and stir in oat mixture.
6. Blend in remaining ingredients.
7. Pour batter into 12x8-inch glass dish and microwave at high for 10-12 minutes, rotating 1/4 turn halfway through cooking.
8. Spread the topping on the cake and serve.