Applesauce Date Cake
|All purpose flour/Unbleached flour||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Pillsbury Best)|
|Quick cooking rolled oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Margarine||6 Tablespoon, softened|
|Applesauce||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Dates||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Powdered sugar||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Take a 13x9 inch baking pan and spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
3) Gently spoon flour into a measuring cup and level off.
4) Take a small bowl and combine together rolled oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda, cloves and salt in it. Set aside.
5) Take a large bowl and mix margarine and sugar in it. Beat until mixture turns light and fluffy.
6) Add egg and vanilla. Beat nicely.
7) Stir in flour mixture alternatively with applesauce. Beat nicely upon each addition.
8) Add dates.
9) Pour batter in coated pan and bake for about 30-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for some time.
10) serve immediately.