Holiday Dark Fruit Cake
|Mixed candied fruits||2 Pound, chopped (4 Cups / 2 Jars Of 1 Pound Each)|
|Seedless raisins||15 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Golden raisins||15 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Pecans||6 Ounce, chopped (1 Can)|
|All-purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground mace||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Sticks)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grape jelly||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Grape juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 275°F.
2) Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 10-inch tube mould and line with brown paper and grease the paper.
3) In a bowl, place together candied fruits, raisins, and pecans.
4) Stir 1 cup of flour to coat fruits and nuts until well mixed, set aside.
5) In a bowl, sift together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, cinnamon, mace, and salt.
6) In a large bowl, beat butter or margarine and sugar until fluffy.
7) Beat in eggs, 1 at a time and blend in grape jelly.
8) Add the flour mixture, a third at a time, adding alternately with grape juice.
9) Beat the flour mixture with a spoon or beat with mixer at low speed just until well-blended.
10) Transfer the flour batter over fruit-nut mixture and lightly fold and blend until mixed thoroughly.
11) Spoon into prepared pan, pressing down firmly with a spoon to make top even.
12) Bake in the slow oven for 4 hours, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
13) Allow to cool cake completely in pan.
14) Using knife loosen the cake around the edges and turn out immediately onto wire rack and peel the parchment paper.
15) Smear the top with creamy frosting and allow to drip over the side and center hole, if desired.