|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cake flour||4 Cup (64 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried currants||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Citron||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely cut|
|Cloves||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|For the butter frosting|
|Soft butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Confectioner sugar||5 Cup (80 tbs), sifted|
|Light cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Pre-heat oven at 350° C.
2. In a bowl, mix butter and sugar. Blend it well.
3. Break the eggs in the same bowl and beat it well.
4. In another bowl, sieve flour and mix baking powder to it.
5. Add it to the egg mixture, little by little mixing it well. Do the same while adding milk.
6. Mix the remaining ingredients in the batter.
7. Grease and flour two 9-€ layer pan. Pour the above batter into it.
8. Bake it in moderate oven at 350° for about 35 minutes.
9. Once done let it cool.
10. Make the frosting by blending butter and sugar together then stir in cream and lemon extract.
11. Frost the cake with the frosting.
10. Cut the Ribbon Cake layered with Butter Frosting into slices or squares and serve as a dessert or with tea/coffee.