Informal Wedding Cake
|Sifted cake flour||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs)|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Vegetable shortening||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Egg whites||4 (Unbeaten)|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Take cake pans and grease or line its bottoms using waxed paper.
2. Your cake pans must measure approximately 9", 7", 5" and 3" in diameter.
3. Preheat 350°
4. In a bowl mix together shifted flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
5. Add 1 cup of the milk and shortening to the mixture .
6. Blend it well at low speed ,until flour is dampened.
7. Do not overdo blending, beat the mixture for 2 minutes at low speed using an electric mixer or 300 strokes by hand.
8. Add eggs, remaining milk and flavorings to the batter
9. Beat one minute or 150 strokes by hand.
10. Pour the batter into greased pans, filling 1/2 to 2/3 full (It takes about half the batter to fill the 9" and the 3" pans, remaining batter to fill the 7" and the 5" pans).
11. Place the cakes in oven and bake for about 20 minutes for 2 small cakes, 30 minutes for larger cakes.
12. Place the cakes on rack and allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
13. Loosen the cake from sides of pan, turn out on rack, and remove paper.
14. Turn the cake right side up and allow it to cool.
15. Assemble the cake and serve it with flavored icing decoration.