Formal Wedding Cake
|Sifted cake flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable shortening||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Prepare the batter using 3 cups and 2 tablespoons flour, when you bake the cake in one large pan.
3. Take a large bowl and mix together flour, baking powder and salt twice.
4. In s separate bowl, beat eggs until it becomes foamy.
5. Slowly add the 6 tablespoons of sugar to the eggs, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until mixture stands in soft peaks.
6. Along with Cream shortening, blend the mixture until it becomes light and fluffy.
7. Keep adding flour and milk to the mixture, alternatively(a small amount at a time), blending continuously, ensuring that the batter is smooth enough, with no lump.
8. Add egg whites and flavorings to the mixture and beat it thoroughly (about 1 minute).
9. Take a large pan (about 13 x9 ½ x3 inch) and grease it. You may also line it using waxed paper.
10. Pour the batter in the greased pan and bake it in moderate oven (350°).
11. Cakes in square pans take 30 to 40 minutes, in oblong pans, 35 to 50 minutes to be ready.
12. Place the cakes on racks 10 minutes to cool.
13. Loosen the cakes from sides of pan, turn out and remove paper.
14. Turn the cake right side up to cool.
15. Cover or wrap as soon as cooled preventing the cake from drying.
16. Repeat the recipe 5 times to make sufficient cake to serve 100 persons.
17. Assemble cakes as requires and decorate with preferred frosting or icing.
18. Serve cake with Champagne or wine.