Jeweled Pound Cake
|Candied cherries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Candied orange peel||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Citron||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Candied pineapple||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||6 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Eggs||10 Small, separated|
|Cake flour||4 Cup (64 tbs), sifted|
1. Pre-heat oven at 325°.
2. Cut fruits.
3. Grease three 9 1/4x5 1/4 X2 ¾" loaf pans.
4. In each loaf pan, take 2 tblsp. syrup and sprinkle chopped fruits over it.
5. To prepare cake batter, in a bowl, take butter and beat it vigorously, until it becomes fluffy.
6. In another bowl, mix sugar, vanilla and salt and add it to the butter little by little and beat it vigorously.
7. In a mixer, take the above liquid and churn it for 5-7 minutes so that it becomes light and fluffy. Ensure that all sugar particles are dissolved.
8. In a separate bowl, take egg yolks and beat it until it becomes light and is lemon in colour.
9. Add the earlier mixture blended in the mixer to it. Mix it well.
10. Add flour and prepare the cake batter.
11. In a bowl, take egg whites and beat it vigorously until soft peaks form.
12. Add the remaining quantity of 1 1/4 cup of sugar, beating it vigorously until stiff peaks form. Meringue is ready.
13. Add meringue into cake batter and mix it well. But do not beat it.
14. Pour the above liquid into the three loaf pans over fruit.
15. Bake it in a slow oven at 325° for approximately 80 minutes if using metal pans or 10 minutes less if using glass pans.
16. Once done, invert contents of the pan into a serving dish and let it cool. This makes 3 loaves.
17. Serve Jeweled Pound Cake with dollop of cream or a topping of your choice.