Golden Fruit Cake With Pound Cake Mix
|Pound cake mix||16 Ounce (2 Packages)|
|Milk/Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Candied red cherries||8 Ounce, chopped (1 Jar)|
|Whole almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), blanched and chopped|
|Golden raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Cognac||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||3 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Orange rind||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Lemon rind||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Orange frosting||4 Tablespoon (Or As Needed)|
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) Lightly grease a 10-inch tube pan and dust with flour.
3) In a bowl, prepare pound-cake batter with both packages of cake mix, eggs and milk or water, according to label directions.
4) In a medium bowl, place the cherries, almonds, and raisins and mix in cognac.
5) Lightly fold the cognac mixture into cake batter with coconut and orange and lemon rinds.
6) Transfer the batter into tube pan.
7) Bake in the oven for 1 hour and 40 minutes, or until a wooden skewer inserted near center comes out clean.
8) Leave aside for 10 minutes to cool in pan.
9) Using a knife, loosen the pudding around edges and tube.
10) Invert the cake onto the rack and turn right side up.
11) Allow to cool completely and place on the serving plate.
12) Cover the top of cake with orange frosting, allowing the mixture run down side.
13) Garnish with cut candied red cherries, angelica, and whole almonds, if desired.