Peachy Upside Down Cake
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon (1 Stick)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned sliced peaches||1 Pound, drained (1 Can)|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted|
|Spice cake mix||12 Ounce (1 Package)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Place butter or margarine in a 8X8X2-inches baking pan, and heat until it melts.
3) Mix the brown sugar in butter or margarine.
4) Place peach slices in rows over sugar mixture.
5) Dredge with almonds.
6) In a bowl, prepare spice cake batter with the spice cake mix, as per directions on the label.
7) Transfer half of the cake batter over peaches and almonds in pan. ( Use the remaining batter for another dessert.)
8) Bake peach dessert in the oven for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
9) Allow to cool the cake in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes
10) Invert the cake onto the serving plate.
11) Slice the cake into squares and serve warm, plain or with whipped cream, if desired.