Maple Upside Down Cake
|Maple sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pineapple chunks||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Take an 8 inch round cake pan and melt butter in it.
2) Add maple sugar and then place pineapple chunks to cover bottom of pan.
3) In a bowl, beat yolks and sugar and then add milk and extracts.
4) Now, add all the dry ingredients. Slowly add the egg whites and spread it on pineapple.
5) Bake the cake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
6) When the cake is done, invert and slice it.
7) Serve the maple upside down cake with unflavored whipped cream.
Calories 467 Calories from Fat 82
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.3%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 122.8 mg40.9%
Sodium 306.8 mg12.8%
Total Carbohydrates 93 g30.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.57 g2.3%
Sugars 74 g
Protein 6 g11.5%
Vitamin A 6.4% Vitamin C 7.8%
Calcium 15.5% Iron 12.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet