Pecan Cream Cake
|Yellow cake mix||14 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|For mocha custard filling|
|Instant coffee powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), scalded|
|For mocha cream frosting|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped (For Whipping)|
|Instant coffee powder||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) Lightly grease and flour two 9x1 1/2-inch round layer-cake pans.
Mocha Cream Frosting
3) In a bowl, place together cream, sugar, coffee powder and vanilla.
4) Beat the mixture until well incorporated.
5) Refrigerate for 30 minutes beat until stiff, use as desired.
Mocha Custard Filling
6) In the top part of double boiler place together sugar, flour, instant coffee, and vanilla.
7) Gently fold in scalded milk.
8) Over simmering water, cool, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes, or until mixture thickens.
9) In a bowl, beat the egg slightly, and gently beat in the hot mixture.
10) Place the bowl back on the double boiler.
11) While still cooking and stirring constantly, for 5 minutes, or until the mixture thickens again.
12) Remove the bowl from the double boiler and allow to cool.
13) Place in refrigerator until chilled, use as desired.
14) In a large bowl, place together cake mix, eggs, water, orange and almond extracts.
15) Stir the pecans in the egg mixture and beat, as per the directions mentioned on the label.
16) Transfer evenly into the pans.
17) Bake in the oven for 45 minutes , or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
18) Cool the layers in pan on wire racks for 5 minutes.
19) Invert the cakes onto racks and allow to cool completely.
20) Place the layers together with chilled mocha custard filling in middle.
21) Cover the sides and top with mocha cream frosting.
22) Place in the refrigerator until needed.
23) Serve chilled and serve slice in wedges.