Large Dark Fruit Cake
|Eggs||5 , separated|
|Molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grape juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Raisins||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Chopped candied pineapple||1⁄2 Pound|
|Whole candied cherries||1⁄2 Pound|
|Chopped dates||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Chopped citron||1⁄4 Pound|
|Chopped orange peel||1⁄4 Pound|
|Chopped lemon peel||1⁄4 Pound|
|Chopped pecans||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a bowl, beat egg yolks and mix them with molasses and grape juice.
2) In another bowl, combine butter and sugar and add it to the egg yolk mixture. Stir well.
3) Mix together fruit and nuts and add them to 1 cup flour. Warm it for 5 minutes in oven.
4) Combine together the remaining flour with spices and soda.
5) Start beating egg whites until peaks form and then add them to creamed mixture.
6) Add fruits, nuts and dry ingredients. Mix well.
7) Take a nine inch greased tube pan and line it with brown paper. Pour the batter and bake for 2 hours at 300 degrees.
8) Serve the large dark fruit cake on the occasion of Christmas
Calories 1421 Calories from Fat 527
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g91.8%
Saturated Fat 22.9 g114.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 256.9 mg85.6%
Sodium 355.3 mg14.8%
Total Carbohydrates 221 g73.7%
Dietary Fiber 13.9 g55.8%
Sugars 149.5 g
Protein 16 g31.7%
Vitamin A 25.3% Vitamin C 100%
Calcium 22.6% Iron 36.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet