Microwave Apple Cake
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tart apples||4 Cup (64 tbs), sliced, pared and cored|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Apricot jam||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
1) Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar in a medium-large bowl.
2) Use 2 knives to cut the shortening into the flour till the mixture is mealy.
3) In the center of the mixture, make a well and drop in the milk and egg.
4) Stir in the flour mixture in order to form a smooth batter.
5) Turn the batter into a buttered 2-quart mold.
6) On top of the batter, arrange the apples. Push the halfway into the dough.
7) Mix together the cinnamon, nutmeg and 2 tablespoons of sugar in a small bowl.
8) Over the apples, sprinkle the mixture. Dot with the apricot jam.
9) Drizzle the top with butter.
10) In the slow cooker, place the preparation and use a plate to cover loosely.
11) Cover the cooker but use a toothpick or a twist of foil to prop open the lid about a fraction so that the steam can escape.
12) Cook the cake on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
13) Transfer the baked cake to a decorative cake plate while it is still warm. Serve warm, lukewarm, at room temperature or chilled. If preferred, the cake can be sliced before serving. Makes an excellent dessert as well as a good tea/coffee accompaniment.