Busy Day Cake
|Cake flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soft vegetable shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Lightly grease a 9X9X2-inch loaf pan and dust with flour.
3) In a bowl, place together flour, sugar, baking powder salt and shortening.
4) Whisk in the milk until blended.
5) Using an electric mixer beat for 2 minutes.
6) While still beating add eggs and vanilla and beat 2 minutes more.
7) Pour the flour batter evenly in the loaf pan.
8) Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
9) Allow to cool the cake in pan over wire rack.
10) Serve smeared the cake with cocoa frosting if desired.