Fabulous Fudge Cake
|Unsweetened chocolate||3 (3 squares)|
|Sifted cake flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 stick)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Pound (2 1/4 cups)|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chocolate cream frosting||1 Cup (16 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Unsweetened chocolate||2 Ounce (2 squares)|
|Sifted 10x confectioners powdered sugar||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Lightly grease three 9X1 1/2-inch layer cake pan and line them with greased wax paper.
CHOCOLATE CREAM FROSTING
3) In top of large double boiler, melt chocolate and butter or margarine over hot, simmering, water.
4) Whisk in sugar, salt and egg until smooth.
5) Cool the chocolate mixture by placing top of double boiler over ice in large bowl.
6) With an electric mixer, beat the chocolate mixture slowly adding cream; continue beating 3 to 4 minutes, or until fluffy.
7) Mix in vanilla.
8) Place the frosting bowl over a bowl filled with ice as you work.
9) Refrigerate until ready to frost the cake.
10) In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate over low heat, set aside,
11) In a bowl together, sift flour, baking soda, and salt.
12) In a large bowl, using a hand blender, beat the butter until fluffy.
13) Slowly add sugar beating continuously until mixture is fluffy.
14) While still beating add in eggs, 1 at a time; beat until thick.
15) Beat in vanilla and chocolate with at low speed.
16) Fold in sifted flour mixture, a third at a time, alternately with buttermilk, at low speed just until blended,
17) Slowly stream in boiling water and stir to mix.
18) Transfer the flour mixture into the pan.
19) Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in cakes comes out clean.
20) Place the pan over a wire racks and allow to cool the layers for 5 minutes.
21) Using knife loosen the cake around the edges and turn out onto wire rack.
22) Peel the wax paper and allow to cool completely.
23) Assemble the cake in layers, sandwiching with chocolate cream frosting in the middle.
24) Spread the remaining frosting on the sides and top of the cake.
25) Slice and serve as desired.