Chocolate Angel Food Cake
|Cake flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), sifted|
|Cocoa||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg whites||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (10 To 12 Eggs)|
|Cream of tartar||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), sifted|
1. Pre-heat oven at 375° C.
2. In a bowl, mix cocoa and flour. Sieve it four times.
3. In a separate bowl, take egg whites. Add salt to it and beat it until it becomes frothy.
4. Add cream of tartar. Beat it vigorously so that it is stiff enough to form peaks.
5. Add sugar to the above mixture little by little and keep mixing it continuously.
6. Add vanilla.
7. Make a batter by adding the cocoa and flour mix to the above mixture, little by little and mixing it continuously.
8. In an ungreased 10" angel food pan, pour the batter.
9. Bake it in a moderate oven at 375° for 60 minutes.
10. Remove when done and invert the cake in a pan. Keep it aside to cool. Refrigerate for at least one hour before taking it out to be frosted.
11. Take off any loose cake crumbs before you begin frosting.
12. Serve Chocolate Angel Food Cake by frosting it with Orange Frosting.
Calories 425 Calories from Fat 23
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.1%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 249.5 mg10.4%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.5%
Sugars 63.4 g
Protein 15 g30%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 4.5% Iron 12.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet