Coffee Chiffon Cake
|Sifted cake flour||2 1⁄3 Cup (37.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cold water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Instant coffee powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For mocha glaze|
|Unsweetened chocolate||2 Ounce (2 squares)|
|Instant coffee powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Sifted 10x confectioners powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hot water||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) In a bowl, sift together flour, 1 cup of the sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3) In a saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over very low heat.
4) Stir the butter mixture until well blended.
5) Take the pan off the heat and stir in coffee and cinnamon.
6) Sprinkle sugar alternately with hot water, beating continuously until smooth, set aside.
7) In the flour mixture make a well and add in oil, egg yolks, water, and coffee.
8) Using a spoon beat with a spoon the flour mixture until smooth.
9) In a large bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy-white and double in volume.
10) Add in the remaining 1/3 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating continuously until meringue stands in firm peaks.
11) Gently stream in egg yolk mixture over beaten whites, gently folding in until well mixed.
12) Transfer the flour mixture into ungreased 10-inch tube pan.
13) Bake in the oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
14) Invert the pan, placing tube over a quart-size soft drink bottle.
15) Allow the cake cool completely.
16) Using spatula loosen cake around the edge and the tube and down the sides.
17) Put a serving plate over a pan and shake gently; turn upside down; lift off pan.
18) To make the Mocha Glaze in a saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over very low heat. Stir the butter mixture until well blended.
19) Take the pan off the heat and stir in coffee and cinnamon. Sprinkle sugar alternately with hot water, beating continuously until smooth.
18) Dribble mocha glaze over top of cake, letting it run down the side and serve chiiled,
Calories 710 Calories from Fat 249
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.8%
Saturated Fat 8.3 g41.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.6 mg13.9%
Sodium 430.9 mg18%
Total Carbohydrates 108 g36%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.8%
Sugars 64.3 g
Protein 10 g20.5%
Vitamin A 3.2% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 21.5% Iron 32%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet