Banana Oatmeal Lunch Cake
|Cream of tartar||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Soda bicarbonate||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Wholemeal flour||1⁄2 Pound (225 gram)|
|Medium oatmeal||4 Ounce (115 gram)|
|Raw cane sugar||4 Ounce (115 gram)|
|Dried bananas||4 Ounce, cut into thin rings (115 gram)|
|Candied peel||2 Ounce, candied (55 grams)|
|Oil||6 Fluid Ounce (170 milliliter)|
|Cold water||6 Fluid Ounce (170 milliliter)|
1) Take a mixing bowl and combine together flour, bicarbonate of soda and cream of tartar.
2) Stir in all the remaining ingredients except oil.
3) Add oil along with a similar volume of cold water, stirring frequently. Beat the mixture well.
4) Take a shallow baking tin and line it with greaseproof paper.
5) Pour batter in the tin and bake for about 45 minutes in the oven at 400°F/200°C (Gas Mark 6).
6) Allow the cake to cool completely. Slice and serve.
Calories 314 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.5%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 74.7 mg3.1%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.9%
Sugars 17.1 g
Protein 4 g8.4%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 16.1%
Calcium 12.2% Iron 35.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet