Banana Oatmeal Lunch Cake
|Cream of tartar||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Soda bicarbonate||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Wholemeal flour||1⁄2 Pound (225 gram)|
|Medium oatmeal||4 Ounce (115 gram)|
|Raw cane sugar||4 Ounce (115 gram)|
|Dried bananas||4 Ounce, cut into thin rings (115 gram)|
|Candied peel||2 Ounce, candied (55 grams)|
|Oil||6 Fluid Ounce (170 milliliter)|
|Cold water||6 Fluid Ounce (170 milliliter)|
1) Take a mixing bowl and combine together flour, bicarbonate of soda and cream of tartar.
2) Stir in all the remaining ingredients except oil.
3) Add oil along with a similar volume of cold water, stirring frequently. Beat the mixture well.
4) Take a shallow baking tin and line it with greaseproof paper.
5) Pour batter in the tin and bake for about 45 minutes in the oven at 400°F/200°C (Gas Mark 6).
6) Allow the cake to cool completely. Slice and serve.