Peach Upside Down Cake
|Cake||1 (busy day)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned sliced peaches||1 Pound, well drained (1 can)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a 13X9X2-inch baking pan, melt the butter or margarine in the oven.
3) In a bowl, whisk together the sugar and cloves.
4) Spread the sugar mixture at the bottom of the baking pan to coat it completely.
5) In a bowl, place together flour, sugar, baking powder salt and shortening.
6) Whisk in the milk until blended.
7) Using an electric mixer beat for 2 minutes.
8) While still beating add eggs and vanilla and beat 2 minutes more.
9) Pour the flour batter evenly over the sugar in the baking pan.
10) Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
12) Allow to cool the cake in pan over wire rack for 5 minutes.
13) Using knife loosen the cake around the edges and turn out immediately onto a serving plate.
14) Allow to stand for 2 to 3 minutes and lift off the pan.
15) Slice and serve warm.