Vegan Festive Chocolate Sponge Cake
|81% self raising flour||7 Ounce (200 grams)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon (heaped)|
|Chocolate/Drinking chocolate||1 Ounce (30 gram)|
|Soft brown sugar||2 Ounce (55 grams)|
|Oil||3 Fluid Ounce (90 milliliter)|
|Water||8 Fluid Ounce (230 milliliter)|
|Vegan margarine||2 Ounce (55 gram)|
|Sugar||2 Ounce, finely ground (55 gram)|
|Apple||2 Ounce, grated and mashed to a pulp (55 gram)|
|Lemon juice||To Taste|
1. Mix all the dry ingredients.
2. Mix oil and water.
3. Pre-heat the oven at 350°F/180°C (Gas Mark 4).
4. Oil the sandwich tins.
5. Stir in the dry ingredients into the oil and water mixture. Beat it until it is of a smooth consistency.
6. In an oiled sandwiched tin, take the above contents.
7. Place the tin in the pre-heated oven and bake it at 350°F/180°C (Gas Mark 4).
8. Allow it to cool before removing from tins.
9. Heat the margarine on a low flame until it is warm.
10. Add Demerara sugar to it and beat it till it turns creamy.
11. Add apple pulp and lemon juice and beat it. This is to prevent discolouration.
12. This is to be used to keep the sponge cakes together like a sandwich.
13. Serve Vegan Festive Chocolate Sponge Cake with tea or coffee.
Calories 611 Calories from Fat 315
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g54.9%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g30.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 784.5 mg32.7%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 33.7 g
Protein 5 g10.6%
Vitamin A 10.3% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 21.7% Iron 12.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet