Marble Crown Cake
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Orange extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dry cocoa||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (not a mix)|
|Water||4 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Sifted 10x confectioners powdered sugar||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Lightly grease 10-cup tube mould and dust with dry flour.
3) In a bowl, sift together flour baking powder and salt.
4) In a large bowl, beat egg whites until firm peak and set aside.
5) In a large mixer bowl, beating the butter or margarine with an electric mixer and add gradually add sugar until fluffy.
6) While still beating add egg yolks 1 at a time, until fluffy.
7) Stir in the flour mixture, one-third at a time, alternately with milk, beating with mixer at low speed just until blended.
8) Lightly fold in beaten egg whites.
9) Transfer half of batter into anther bowl.
10) Blend in orange rind and orange extract.
11) In a cup stir in cocoa and water, add into batter in first bowl.
12) Transfer batters, alternating chocolate and white, into bottom of tube mould to make a layer.
13) Repeat with remaining batters to make 2 more layers, alternating white over chocolate and chocolate over white each time.
14) Being careful not to stir the batters in the mould.
15) Bake in the oven for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
16) Allow to cool the cake in pan over wire rack 10 minutes.
17) Using knife loosen the cake around the edges and turn out onto wire rack.
18) Allow to cool completely.
19) Slice the cake and serve dredges with sifted 10X sugar if desired.