Strawberries and Cream Cake Whipped Cream Cake
|Cake flour||2 2⁄3 Cup (42.67 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Whipping cream||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For strawberry butter cream frosting|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted 10x confectioners powdered sugar||1 Pound|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Lightly grease a 9X1 1/2-inch baking pan and dust with flour.
3) Crush the strawberries to measure 1/3 cup.
4) In a bowl, beat butter or margarine until soft.
5) Add in mashed strawberries.
6) Stir in 10X sugar slowly; beating continuously until smooth.
7) In a bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, set aside.
8) In a bowl, beat cream until firm and set aside.
9) In another bowl, beat eggs until thick and light.
10) While still beating add in vanilla and lightly fold into reserved whipped cream.
11) Gently fold in the flour mixture into egg mixture until batter is smooth.
12) Transfer the batter into baking pans.
13) Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
14) Allow to cool the cake in pan over wire rack for 10 minutes.
15) Using knife loosen the cake around the edges and turn out onto wire racks.
16) Allow to cool completely.
17) Place the layers together with strawberry butter cream frosting in middle.
18) Smear the frost on sides and top with remaining frosting.
19) Garnish with strawberries, if desired.