Twelfth Night Cake
|Barbados sugar||4 Ounce (115 gram)|
|Vegetarian fat||3 Ounce (85 gram)|
|Flour||4 1⁄2 Ounce (130 gram)|
|Soya flour||1 Ounce (30 gram)|
|Fine oatmeal||1 Ounce (30 gram)|
|Mixed spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Ground cashews||3 Tablespoon (Leveled), creamed with a small teacupful cold water|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Cream of tartar||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Soda bicarbonate||3⁄4 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|For creamed coconut cake topping|
|Creamed coconut||4 Ounce (115 gram)|
|Sunflower oil||2 Tablespoon|
1) Take a mixing bowl and beat together fat and sugar.
2) Take another bowl and mix together soya flour, whole-meal flour, mixed spice and oatmeal.
3) Gradually and slowly add dry ingredients to the fat and sugar mixture. Alternate by stirring creamed cashew mixture. Beat all the ingredients nicely.
4) Stir in lemon juice and then fold cream of tartar along with bicarbonate of soda.
5) Take two sandwich tins and divide the mixture between the two. Bake for 3/4 hour at 400°F/200°C (Gas Mark 6).
6) Allow the cake to cool down completely and then sandwich it with mincemeat prepared at home. Also decorate with creamed icing or sprinkle with mixed spice and walnuts.
Calories 259 Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.4%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 69.7 mg2.9%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.94 g3.8%
Sugars 17.6 g
Protein 3 g6.8%
Vitamin A 6.2% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet