Yellow Angel Cake
|Egg yolks||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (from 6 eggs)|
|Egg whites||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (from 6 eggs)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Orange extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sifted cake flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Pre-heat the oven at 350° C.
2. In a bowl, take egg yolks. Beat it vigorously until it becomes thick and is lemon in colour.
3. Add cold water and beat it again until it is of a thick consistency.
4. Add sugar, little by little and whip it for 10 minutes in a blender to mix it well.
5. Add orange and almond extract.
6. In a bowl, mix flour and salt together. Sieve it three times.
7. Add this mix little by little to the egg yolk mixture.
8. Add cream of tartar to the egg yolks mixture. Beat it vigorously so that it is stiff enough to form peaks.
9. Add it to the earlier mixture to form a batter.
10. In an ungreased 10-€ angel food pan, pour the above batter.
11. Bake it in a moderate oven at 350° for about 60 minutes.
12. Remove from oven once done and invert it into a serving dish. Let it cool and refrigerate for at least 60 minutes.
13. Frost Yellow Angel Cake as desired and serve it with vanilla or chocolate topping.
Calories 554 Calories from Fat 77
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.3%
Saturated Fat 3 g14.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 373.3 mg124.4%
Sodium 215 mg9%
Total Carbohydrates 106 g35.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.8 g3.2%
Sugars 67.6 g
Protein 14 g27.1%
Vitamin A 8.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 5.1% Iron 24.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet