Date Streusel Coffee Cake
|Oil/Shortening||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Prepared biscuit mix||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Date bar mix||14 Ounce (1 packet)|
|Butter||1 Teaspoon (for greasing)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 187.5 C (375 F).
2. Grease a 9 inch square/ round baking dish and keep aside.
3. Prepare date filling and crumb mixture as per packet instructions. Keep aside.
4. In a medium sized bowl, combine sugar, milk, egg and oil. Beat well till combined.
5. Add biscuit mix and mix well.
6. Place 2/3 of mixture in greased dish and spread evenly.
7. Top with date filling mixture and 1/3 crumb mixture. Spread evenly.
8. Top with remaining biscuit mix and remaining 2/3 crumb mixture.
9. Bake in pre heated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or till done.
10. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool.
11. Serve warm.