Coconut Flour Cake
|Wholemeal flour||1⁄2 Pound (225 gram)|
|Medium oatmeal||4 Ounce (115 gram)|
|Raw cane sugar||4 Ounce (115 gram)|
|Soda bicarbonate||1 Teaspoon (Leveled) (slightly less)|
|Cream of tartar||1 Teaspoon (Leveled) (slightly more)|
|White fat||1 Ounce|
|Coconut flour||4 Ounce (115 gram)|
|Currants||6 Ounce (170 gram)|
1) Take a mixing bowl and combine together all the dry ingredients, aerating nd breaking any lumps that might be present.
2) Rub fat into the dry ingredients.
3) Add washed currants and coconut flour to the mixture.
4) Stir in cold water and beat well.
5) Pour batter in a flat oven tin and bake for about 45 minutes at 400°F/200°C (Gas Mark 6).
6) Allow the cake to cool down completely. Slice and serve immediately.
Calories 275 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.5%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.7 mg0.9%
Sodium 87.7 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.4%
Sugars 13.5 g
Protein 6 g11.3%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 11.9%
Calcium 12.9% Iron 41.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet