Nut Topped Snack Cake
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Walnuts/Pecans||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (for greasing)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Lightly butter and dust flour in an 8-inch baking pan.
3) In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
4) In another bowl, beat the eggs for 4 to 5 minutes or until fluffy.
5) Slowly add sugar while still beating until well mixed.
6) In a bowl, heat milk with margarine or butter.
7) Add the milk mixture into the batter, and stir until well mixed.
8) Spoon the batter into the baking pan.
9) In a small bowl, mix together sugar and nut, dredge over the batter.
10) Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
11) Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool.
12) Invert the pan to remove the cake and cut into pieces.
13) Serve at room temperature sprinkle icing sugar if desired.