Dark Date Cake
|Dates||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Hot water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Grease and flour a 12 x 8 x 2-inch pan.
2) In a bowl, combine the dates, hot water, and soda.
3) In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, 1 cup sugar, eggs, butter, vanilla, and salt.
4) Add in the date mixture and beat well.
5) Transfer into the baking pan.
6) Sprinkle with chocolate pieces and the remaining sugar.
7) Place in the oven at 350 degrees and bake for 1 hour.
8) Serve warm, topped with ice cream.