Holiday Cake Special
|Flour||3 1⁄4 Cup (52 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||3 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg whites||8 (Use The Yolks)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375F.
2) Grease four 9" round layer pans.
3) Sieve together the flour, baking powder and salt.
4) In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and vanilla. Beat the mixture till it becomes light and fluffy.
5) Mix in the dry ingredients into the sugar mixture, alternating it with milk.
6) Beat the egg whites stiff. Gently fold into the remaining batter.
7) Transfer the mixture into the layer pans.
8) Bake for about 15 minutes. Take the cake out of the oven.
9) Let the cake stand for 5 minutes before unmoulding it to cool.
10) Once the cake has cooled down, spread the fruit filling between the layers of the cake and on top of it.
This cake can be stored for several days inside an airtight container.