Chocolate Telegram Cake
|Lard||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cocoa||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Cream lard and butter thoroughly.
2. Gradually add sugar.
3. Beat well.
4. Add vanilla and egg yolks, beating until light and fluffy.
5. Add cocoa.
6. Sift flour and salt together, add to creamed mixture alternately with milk in which the soda has been dissolved.
7. Stir in vinegar.
8. Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
9. Fold into batter.
10. Pour into greased 12X8 1/2 X 2" pan.
11. Bake in moderate oven (350°) about 40 to 45 minutes.
13. Frost with your favorite chocolate frosting.