Prudy Smithson's Pineapple Cake With Coconut Frosting
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Canned pineapple with juice||20 Ounce, crushed (1 can)|
|Canned evaporated milk||5 Ounce (1 can)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl combine sugar, flour, baking soda and salt and blend in eggs and pineapple.
3. Pour into greased 9-by-13-inch pan and bake 30 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
4. To make frosting in a saucepan, combine sugar, butter and evaporated milk and boil for 6 minutes.
5. Stir in walnuts, coconut and vanilla and pour over warm cake.
6. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Calories 1112 Calories from Fat 446
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g79.6%
Saturated Fat 24.5 g122.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 177 mg59%
Sodium 1019.4 mg42.5%
Total Carbohydrates 152 g50.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.3%
Sugars 96 g
Protein 17 g33.5%
Vitamin A 18.4% Vitamin C 2.8%
Calcium 15% Iron 25.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet