Prudy Smithson's Pineapple Cake With Coconut Frosting
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Canned pineapple with juice||20 Ounce, crushed (1 can)|
|Canned evaporated milk||5 Ounce (1 can)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl combine sugar, flour, baking soda and salt and blend in eggs and pineapple.
3. Pour into greased 9-by-13-inch pan and bake 30 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
4. To make frosting in a saucepan, combine sugar, butter and evaporated milk and boil for 6 minutes.
5. Stir in walnuts, coconut and vanilla and pour over warm cake.
6. Serve warm or at room temperature.