Banana Layer Cake
|Mashed bananas||2 Cup (32 tbs) (4 or 5)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , unbeaten|
|Sifted cake flour||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a bowl, combine the mashed bananas and milk together.
3) In another bowl, cream the shortening and vanilla together.
4) Gradually stir in the sugar, beat until light and fluffy.
5) Gradually beat in the eggs, mix thoroughly until the mixture is light and fluffy.
6) In a bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt together.
7) Beat alternately with the bananas and milk into the creamed mixture, until smooth.
8) In three greased 9 inch layer pans, turn the mixture.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
10) Allow the cake layers to cool, then wrap them separately and freeze.
11) Frost and serve the Banana Layer Cake, if desired.