Popcorn Cake Delight
|Freshly popped popcorn||8 Cup (128 tbs), unsalted|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (firmly packed)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Candy coated chocolate pieces||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Spanish peanuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Miniature marshmallows||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Take a large bowl and put the popcorn in it. Set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, combine white sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, salt and vinegar.
3. Over medium heat, cook stirring frequently, until mixture reaches hard ball stage (260°).
4. Take away from heat; add butter, stirring until butter melts.
5. In a thin stream, pour over popcorn, mix until popcorn is evenly coated.
6. Stir in salt, butter, chocolate, peanuts and marshmallows, mixing well.
7. In a well-greased 6-cup ring mold, press mixture; cool.
8. Unmold on serving plate.
9. Make slices and serve.