|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (firmly packed)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Mashed pumpkin/Winter squash||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Cake flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Maple extract||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease three 8" layer pans.
2) Into the bowl, add in the shortening. Slowly add in the brown sugar and regular sugar. Add in the eggs and pumpkin. Cream the mixture.
3) Sieve together the flour, baking powder and baking soda. 4) Add in the dry ingredients alternately with milk, into the egg mixture.
5) Gently fold in the walnuts and maple extract.
6) Transfer the batter into the cake pans.
7) Bake for about 30 minutes.
8) Let the Pumpkin Cake cool down before serving adn serve with ice cream.