Fresh Tomato Cake
|Tomatoes||10 Ounce (2 medium-sized ones)|
|White rum||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Slivered almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon||2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened (1 stick)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
2) Take a square baking pan and grease it.
3) Chop the tomatoes and keep aside.
3) Take the chopped tomatoes and put them into the container of a food processor. Make the puree of the tomatoes.
4) Add the rum and keep aside.
5) Take the raisins and almonds in a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of flour into the mixture and keep aside.
6) Take the remaining flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves in a bowl and mix them.
7) Take the butter or margarine and sugar in a bowl and beat them.
8) Add the egg and beat the mixture again.
9) Add the pureed tomato and blend them.
10) Add the flour and almond mixtures. Blend them well.
11) Pour the batter in the pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
12) Cool the cake before serving it.
13) Sprinkle 10x confectioners' powdered sugar at the top of the cake and serve.