Golden Cake Doughnuts
|Flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Melted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Sour milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Combine and sift the flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and nutmeg.
2) In an electric mixer bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, butter, and vanilla.
3) Beat at medium speed till fluffy.
4) Beat in 2 cups of the flour mix, alternating with the milk.
5) Stir in the remaining flour with a spoon.
6) Cover the dough.
7) Chill for at least 2 hours.
8) Turn the dough onto a floured surface.
9) Roll to a 1/4-inch thick rectangle.
10) Cut with a floured doughnut cutter.
11) In a skillet, add deep fat and heat.
12) Add the cut doughnuts and deep fry till golden brown.
13) Remove onto paper towel to drain.
14) Serve with whipped cream.