|Lard||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted cake flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cocoa||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Thick sour milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red food color||3 Drop|
1. Preheat oven moderate to 350°.
2. In a bowl whip lard and 2 tablespoon milk together for 2 minutes with mixer at medium speed until fluffy.
3. Make milk sour by subtracting 1-tablespoon milk and adding 1 tblsp vinegar. Beat the mixture with mixer at medium speed for 1 minute until smooth.
4. Stir in sifted dry ingredients to lard. Mix 2/3 of the sour milk to it.
5. Add eggs, remaining milk and food color. Beat for 1 minute.
6. Grease and flour two 8" layer pans.
7. Pour the mixture into it.
8. Bake in oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
9. Slice and serve.