Frosty Coconut Cake 1 2 3 4 Cake
|Cake flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened (2 Sticks)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Raspberry jam||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For double broiler frosting|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Flaked coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Lightly grease three 8X1 1/2-inch layer cake pans and dust with flour.
3) In top of a double boiler, place together sugar, water, egg whites, corn syrup, vanilla and salt.
4) Whisk the sugar mixture until well blended.
5) Cook over simmering water.
6) Beat the sugar mixture constantly at high speed with an electric hand blender for 7 minutes, or until mixture triples in volume.
7) Take the bowl away from the heat.
8) In a bowl, sift flour, baking powder, and salt, set aside.
9) In large mixer bowl, beat softened butter or margarine, sugar, eggs, and vanilla at high speed 3 minutes.
10) Gently add in flour mixture alternately with milk, at low speed in mixer.
11) Clear the sides of bowl with rubber scraper after each addition.
12) Spoon the batter into cake pans.
13) Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
14) Allow to cool layers in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes.
15) Using a knife loosen the edges and turn out the cakes on racks.
16) Leave until completely cooled.
17) Slice each layer vertically in half to make 6 thin layers.
18) Smear five of these layers with raspberry jam and place one over of other in layers.
19) Finishing with plain layer.
20) Frost side and top with double-boiler frosting and dredge with coconut.
21) Garnish the top of cake with additional jam, as desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7786 Calories from Fat 2253
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 258 g396.2%
Saturated Fat 170 g849.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 717.9 mg239.3%
Sodium 2574.6 mg107.3%
Total Carbohydrates 1339 g446.3%
Dietary Fiber 60.3 g241.3%
Sugars 933.8 g
Protein 90 g179.2%
Vitamin A 121.9% Vitamin C 2.1%
Calcium 142% Iron 28.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet