|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven at 325°F.
2. Grease a loaf pan.
3. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar thoroughly.
4. Upon mixing, add eggs, one at a time.
5. Use an electric mixture to beat the mixture properly for about 2 1/2 minutes.
6. Further, add flavorings.
7. Sift dry ingredients together and add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk.
8. Beat gently for about 3 1/2 minutes.
9. Do not overheat, else the cake will fall.
10. Add the batter to the greased loaf pan.
11. Bake for about 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until done.
12. Allow the cake to cool.