Chocolate Cake Doughnuts
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Cold mashed potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 Small, beaten|
|Sifted flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Cocoa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
1. In a bowl mix sugar, butter and mashed potatoes.
2. Add eggs and whip until creamy.
3. Sieve flour, baking powder (2 tablespoon), salt, nutmeg, and cocoa together.
4. Mix alternately with milk to egg mixture.
5. Let it chill for 2 hours.
6. Lightly flour a board and roll the dough 1/2" thick.
7. Cut with doughnut cutter.
8. In a vessel heat fat (365°) and fry the pieces for 3 minutes.
9. Drain on paper towel.