|Oranges||4 Large, juiced to get 1 cup juice|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Orange rind||4 Tablespoon, grated|
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
|Sifted cake flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Baking powder||5 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|For creamy chocolate frosting|
|Sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Cocoa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light cream/Evaporated cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a bowl, squeeze out the orange juice and stir in milk.
3) In another bowl, cream the shortening.
4) Gradually beat in the sugar, orange rind and eggs.
5) In a bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, soda and salt together.
6) Alternately beat with the orange juice mixture into the creamed mixture until thoroughly blended.
7) Into three greased 8 x 8 x 2 inch pans, turn the batter.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
9) Remove from the oven and allow to cool on racks.
10) Creamy Chocolate Frosting : In a saucepan, combine the sugar and cocoa together.
11) Stir in the light cream or evaporated milk.
12) Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil.
13) Boil for about 3 minutes, or until a teaspoonful mixture forms soft ball in cold water.
14) Stir in the vanilla and allow to cool.
15) Beat until the mixture is thick and creamy.