Strawberry Ribbon Cake Desserts
|Cake flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Sticks)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Red food coloring||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|For strawberry butter cream|
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Fresh strawberries||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), mashed|
|10x confectioners sugar||1 Pound (1 Package)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Lightly grease two 8X8X2-inch cake pans and dust with flour.
STRAWBERRY BUTTER CREAM
3) In a bowl, place together cream cheese with butter or margarine
4) Whisk the cheese until fluffy and beat in strawberries.
5) Fold in 2 cups of the sugar until smooth.
6) Take out 1 1/2 cups of the mixture for filling.
7) Add remaining sugar into remaining mixture in bowl for frosting and stir until well mixed.
8) In a large bowl, beat butter or margarine until soft.
9) Add in sugar gradually while still beating until fluffy.
10) Add in eggs, one at a time, and beat until fluffy again, add flavourings.
11) Fold in flour mixture, alternately with milk, just until blended.
12) Transfer half the batter into one pan.
13) Stir in food colouring into remaining batter; pour into second pan.
14) Bake in oven 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in cakes comes out clean.
15) Place the pan on wire racks and allow to cool the layers for 10 minutes.
16) Using a knife loosen the edges and turn out the cakes on racks.
17) Allow to cool completely.
18) Slice each cooled layer horizontally into half.
19) Place the layers together, alternating pink and yellow. with part of the strawberry butter cream; frost sides and top with remaining.
20) Serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7822 Calories from Fat 2573
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 291 g447.9%
Saturated Fat 169.9 g849.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1568.2 mg522.7%
Sodium 2698.2 mg112.4%
Total Carbohydrates 1233 g411.1%
Dietary Fiber 47.6 g190.6%
Sugars 856.1 g
Protein 102 g204%
Vitamin A 186.7% Vitamin C 57.3%
Calcium 171.8% Iron 32.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet