Honey Fruit Cake
|For part 1|
|Dried prunes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried apricots||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Chopped dried figs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped dates||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Seedless raisins||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Currants||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Diced candied orange peel||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced candied lemon peel||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|For part 2|
|Sliced candied pineapple||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shaved preserved citron||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Candied sliced cherries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 Small, beaten|
|Fruit juice/Coffee||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Almonds||2 Teaspoon (Or As Needed)|
1) Cook prunes and apricots separately. Cover each with water, bring to a boil and simmer 3 minutes. Drain.
2) Now, chop softened fruits.
3) In a large mixing bowl, fold in all ingredients in Part I. Cover and let it sit for a week. Sti every day.
4) At the end of the week add fruit and nuts in Part 2, except almonds.
5) In a bowl, mix together flour with salt, baking powder and spices.
6) Beat butter and add fruit-nut mixture. Add eggs and fruit juice to it and beat well.
7) Now, add flour mixture in four parts, mix nicely.
8) Take 4, 1 pound coffee cans and grease them. Line them with wax papers.
9) Fill the cans leave 1 inch space on top. Place an almond on top.
10) Bake at 250 degrees for 2 hours.
11) Put water on the bottom rack while baking.
12) Let the cakes cool and cover them with wax paper.
13) Serve the honey fruit cakes as needed.
You can bake cakes in 3 greased, paper-lined 8X4" loaf pans about 2 1/2 hours, or until cake tests done.