Honey Fruit Cake
|For part 1|
|Dried prunes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried apricots||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Chopped dried figs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped dates||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Seedless raisins||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Currants||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Diced candied orange peel||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced candied lemon peel||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|For part 2|
|Sliced candied pineapple||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shaved preserved citron||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Candied sliced cherries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 Small, beaten|
|Fruit juice/Coffee||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Almonds||2 Teaspoon (Or As Needed)|
1) Cook prunes and apricots separately. Cover each with water, bring to a boil and simmer 3 minutes. Drain.
2) Now, chop softened fruits.
3) In a large mixing bowl, fold in all ingredients in Part I. Cover and let it sit for a week. Sti every day.
4) At the end of the week add fruit and nuts in Part 2, except almonds.
5) In a bowl, mix together flour with salt, baking powder and spices.
6) Beat butter and add fruit-nut mixture. Add eggs and fruit juice to it and beat well.
7) Now, add flour mixture in four parts, mix nicely.
8) Take 4, 1 pound coffee cans and grease them. Line them with wax papers.
9) Fill the cans leave 1 inch space on top. Place an almond on top.
10) Bake at 250 degrees for 2 hours.
11) Put water on the bottom rack while baking.
12) Let the cakes cool and cover them with wax paper.
13) Serve the honey fruit cakes as needed.
You can bake cakes in 3 greased, paper-lined 8X4" loaf pans about 2 1/2 hours, or until cake tests done.
Calories 1686 Calories from Fat 481
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g84.3%
Saturated Fat 21.8 g109.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 161 mg53.7%
Sodium 558.8 mg23.3%
Total Carbohydrates 302 g100.5%
Dietary Fiber 20.6 g82.4%
Sugars 201.5 g
Protein 21 g41.4%
Vitamin A 49.8% Vitamin C 58.7%
Calcium 34.4% Iron 49.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet