Lemon Cake Dessert
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||3 , well beaten|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Egg whites||3 , stiffly beaten|
1. Preheat slow oven 325°.
2. In a bowl sieve together flour, sugar and salt.
3. In another bowl blend egg yolks, fruit juice, milk and rind together.
4. Mix the liquid and dry ingredients. Beat until completely mixed.
5. Gently fold in eggs and stir to mix.
6. Grease an 8x8x2" pan and transfer the mixture into it.
7. Keep in a larger pan with hot water.
8. Bake in oven for 45 minutes.
9. Cut in squares and serve warm or cold
Calories 216 Calories from Fat 35
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g8.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 98.2 mg32.7%
Sodium 212.1 mg8.8%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14%
Dietary Fiber 0.45 g1.8%
Sugars 36.8 g
Protein 5 g10.4%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C 13.2%
Calcium 8% Iron 2.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet