Sour Cream Walnut Cake
|Flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Walnut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), halved (Pecans)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Melted Shortening)|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 °F.
2. In a mixing bowl, sift and combine baking powder, salt, flour and soda.
3. In a container of food processor, blend the nuts by setting the speed to STIR.
4. Turn on and off the motor until the nuts are coarsely chopped, and combine it with dry ingredients.
5. Mix up the dry ingredients with remaining ingredients in a container and run the WHIP blade for about 10 seconds.
6. Stop the motor and push ingredients towards blades using rubber spatula.
7. Blend for another 15-20 seconds by running the WHIP blade.
8. Stop the motor and gain push ingredients towards blades using rubber spatula.
9. Spoon the mixture over 2 of the floured and well-greased 8 - inch layer pans.
10. Bake in oven for about 20-25 minutes.
11. Serve the sour cream walnut cake after brushing with juices and sugar mixture.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2736 Calories from Fat 1244
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 142 g219.1%
Saturated Fat 30.4 g151.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 482.8 mg160.9%
Sodium 2482 mg103.4%
Total Carbohydrates 334 g111.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.3%
Sugars 207.6 g
Protein 39 g77.5%
Vitamin A 23.2% Vitamin C 2.8%
Calcium 80.8% Iron 64.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet